학술대회 및 세미나

제 547회 생명과학연구소 정기세미나_최윤주 교수님(전남대)

페이지 정보

작성자 : 관리자 날짜 : 작성일21-12-13 17:35 조회 : 2,736회

첨부파일

본문

일시: 10월 14일(목) 오후 5시

온라인:https://kangwon-ac-kr.zoom.us/j/85975318606?pwd=MnFqRDlRd1dpUS85Yi9yMG5NV3pjdz09 

Immunoinformatics and its application to drug development 

최윤주 교수(전남대학교 의과대학)

Biological organisms have complex defence mechanisms against foreign invasions, called the immune system. In order to protect from a nearly infinite number of invaders, there are high genetic polymorphisms in immune-related genes. Thus, experimental probes of immunological events are practically impossible. Alternatively, computational approaches have been developed to solve problems of immunology. Immunoinformatics makes use of such computational techniques to solve immunological problems. Here, I present the problem of immunogenicity (the ability to induce immune responses) and computational methods to predict, reduce, and control the immunogenicity. I show how our immune system encodes information of "self" and distinguishes non-"self". The talk then describes a computational protein design methodology for the development of therapeutics. The results show the first controlled demonstration that depletion of T-cell epitopes (immunogenicity-causing fragments) from a biotherapeutic agent leads to a reduced antibody response and consequently enhanced efficacy in an immune-competent disease model.

학력 및 약력

1998-2005   성균관대학교 물리학과, 학사

2005-2006   MSc in Theoretical Physics, Department of Mathematics, King’s College London, London, UK

2007-2011   DPhil in Statistics, Department of Statistics, University of Oxford (St Cross College), Oxford, UK

2012-2012   Visiting Researcher, Institute for Immunology and Informatics, University of Rhode Island, USA

2012-2016   Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, Dartmouth College, USA

2016-2019   Research Assistant Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, KAIST 아

2019-2020   Research Assistant Professor, The Research Institute of Basic Sciences, Seoul National University

2020-현재   전남대학교 의과대학, 부교수

주요발표논문 (최근)

1. Dong-Gun Kim, Yoonjoo Choi∗,†, and Hak-Sung Kim∗,† (2021) Epitopes of Protein Binders are Related to the Structural Flexibility of a Target Protein Surface. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling. 61(4): 2099-2107.

2. Tae Yoon Kim*, Jeong Seok Cha*, Hoyoung Kim, Yoonjoo Choi∗,†, Hyun Soo Cho∗,†, and Hak-Sung Kim∗,†. (2021) Computer-guided design and affinity maturation of a protein binder targeting a specific site of HER2. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal. 19: 1325-1334

3. Yoonjoo Choi and Arum Lee† (2020) The Ethical Problems of CRISPR-Cas9 Gene-editing Technology. Journal of Humanities. 79(1):149-178.

4. Yoonjoo Choi*, Sukyo Jeong*, Jung-Min Choi, Christian Ndong, Chris Bailey-Kellogg, Karl E. Griswold, and Hak-Sung Kim. (2020) Computer-guided binding mode identification and affinity improvement of an LRR protein binder without structure determination. PLoS Computational Biology. 16(8): e1008150.

5. Tae-Geun Yu, Hak-Sung Kim*,†, and Yoonjoo Choi*,† (2019) B-SIDER: Computational algorithm for the design of complementary β-sheet sequences. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling. 59(10): 4504-4511

6. Yoonjoo Choi, Jacob M. Furlon, Ryan B. Amos, Karl E. Griswold and Chris Bailey-Kellogg (2018) DisruPPI: Structure-based computational redesign algorithm for protein binding disruption. Bioinformatics. 34(13): i245–i253.

7. Hyun-Ho Kyeong*, Yoonjoo Choi* and Hak-Sung Kim. (2018) GradDock: rapid simulation and tailored ranking functions for peptide-MHC Class I docking. Bioinformatics. 34(3): 469-476.

8. Casey Hua, Albert T. Gacerez, Charles L. Sentman, Margaret E. Ackerman, Yoonjoo Choi*,† and Chris Bailey-Kellogg*,† (2017) Computationally-driven identification of antibody epitopes. eLife. 6:e29023.

Link Site
정지    이전    다음